Saturday, January 14, 2012

12 Days of Cookies!

Although I have years of baking behind me, this year I have had an awful year with one of my favorite Christmas cookies. The culprits: my creme wafers . Bought fresh ingredients, twice, yet the same problem happened. The wafers puffed too high. I rolled the dough , as I usually did..even used those 1/8th inch  rubberbands on the edge of my rolling pin..sigh...Nontheless, some were adorable and all were quite tasty, despite their physical appearance. Like all families, a few new recipes, but most are family annual faves.
Day 1 : Iced Shortbreads 
Day 2 : Butter Hearts
Day 3 : Pa Rhum Pum Pum Pums (Rhum Balls)
Day 4: Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprises 
Day 5: Peanut Kisses 
Day 6 : Thumbprints;Butter cream ,Apricot,&Blueberry 
Day 7: Lady Locks (pic didn't load) 
Day 8: Chocolate Truffles 
Day 8: Snowmen cutouts and sugar cookies 
Day 9: Anise, Lemon, and Almond Pizzelles 
Day 10: Jess's Ginger guys 
Day 11: Peanut Butter Fudge & Kitchen Sink Bars (they didn't photograph well but tasted good :)
Day 12 : Russian Teacakes (oops forgot to take a pic)
Despite all the baking,I host an annual Cookie Exchange too. ..more later...Happy New Year!
Linking with Foodie Friday, Metamophoses Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!