Sunday, April 12, 2015

Piggy Bread Easter/Spring

Piggy Bread!


Piggy Bread!

Piggy Bread, my version of an idea featured on Stehanie's fun blog: Girl Vrs Dough seen on Pinterest.  Creators of the piggies come from blog PASS THE COCOA (Caroline and Monica)They are stuffed with either a piece kielbasa or Italian sausage. Check out the real piggies on  at either blog. Ladies: Thank you from my whole family!!



Purchase Rhodes Frozen dinner rolls. Coat muffin tin with Pam and place one roll in each muffin slot , cover with damp towel, let rise apx 1 hr. Once risen, set aside apx two rolls to make the eyes, ears, and tail.
Take 1 dough ball, pat in palm of hand add a piece of precooked sausage to center, then wrap up to close in the sausage. Place on greased cookie sheet ,  belly side down. cover body in a light egg wash. allow egg wash to dry a couple minutes. Next cover again with the damp towel so that the dough does not dry out.
Begin  shaping the snout, ears, and tail. Push
 peppercorns in dough to set the area for the eyes. once snouts are made hold in place with toothpicks.Shape triangle ears ,add a  curly tail.  Bake 350 degrees for apx 12 minutes . Below I followed the Pinterest instructions and baked for 15 minutes but they were a bit dark in my oven, so I lessened the time to 11 minutes. (second pic below) The piglets are hard on the outside and so tender inside!





This was so easy and fun! Coarse they look like the "home" version of what we see on Pinterest lol!  

Easter Table: This year's table was a mix of "treasures" I've collected. 


Mix and match table..

Green water glass and egg holder found at closeout store. 


Aren't the bunnies sweet?

Mikasa French Countryside is topped with stripped plastic plates , topped by egg plates, topped by tiny bunny plates. all but the Mikasa were found at closeout stores and craft shops.


Like the show says..From Trash to Treasure!

Linking with some of my faves:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!! If you Follow me, I will follow back!